Welcome to The Ellington
The Ellington's unique venue provides an intimate setting for music and dancing in historic downtown Lynchburg. We feature local and nationally-known musicians performing a wide range of music: from roots and soul, blues and jazz, to straight up rock and roll. There's not a bad seat in the house—though most of our shows will have you on your feet in no time!
While we pride ourselves on being the best intimate venue for live music in the area, we are MUCH MORE. We are a non-profit organization with two distinct missions: to bring people together through music and to identify, cultivate and expose artistic talent within our community.
The Ellington is taking a summer break. We will have some exciting new shows along with some of your old favorites coming up next season. We hope to see you at the Ellington this fall, so stay tuned! Thanks for supporting live music and the Ellington.
• Please note, we have streamlined our ticket outlets for the rest of this season. Pick up advance tickets at Lynchburg Music, Outdoor Trails and Blue Marlin Seafood.
• New shows added: We're excited to introduce some new offerings at the Ellington to help expand our audience base. The NextGen series will be in addition to our traditional Main Stage shows. Some of the acts may still have broad appeal to our regular patrons, some may not... so check out show info as our site is updated to find out more. Next Gen shows include: The Hackensaw Boys, Start Making Sense and Culture.
• Don't forget to join our 1,000 plus member Facebook Group (The Ellington Fellowship Playhouse) and like our Facebook Page (Ellington Fellowship Playhouse) to keep up with what's going on at the Ellington.
• The Ellington placed in two categories in the recent "Best of the Burg" readers' survey! FIRST for "Best Venue for Live Music" and a tie for second for "Best Venue or Club for Dancing". Thanks for showing your support and voting for us!
• We are pleased to announce that we have received a General Operating Support grant for 2013-2014 from the Virginia Commission for the Arts. The Commission cited community support, artistic quality and diversity, promotion of local bands, affordable ticket prices and the Music Bridge as some of our strengths. They also consider the Ellington an important asset to the City of Lynchburg!
• The Ellington partners with LynchburgTickets.com
to provide on-line advance ticketing for our Saturday shows.