Welcome to The Ellington
The Ellington's unique venue provides an intimate setting for music and dancing in historic downtown Lynchburg. We feature local and nationally-known musicians performing a wide range of music: from roots and soul, blues and jazz, to straight up rock and roll. There's not a bad seat in the house—though most of our shows will have you on your feet in no time!
While we pride ourselves on being the best intimate venue for live music in the area, we are MUCH MORE. We are a non-profit organization with two distinct missions: to bring people together through music and to identify, cultivate and expose artistic talent within our community.
• Mary Ann Redmond show is expected to be a SELL OUT. Online ticketing is shut down and no extra tickets available at the Ellington. Check our facebook page Saturday evening after 7:30 and we will post if any last minute tickets become available.
• You are invited to the MUSIC BRIDGE WINTER CONCERT
December 10, 2013, 6:00 pm in the Sydnor Performance Hall (first floor of the Schewel building), Lynchburg College.
The concert will feature group piano performances, solo and duet piano performances, singing, drumming, and lots of fun! Come out and support the Lynchburg College teachers and their community students: Jaleel Burrell, Aaliyah Dunkley, LaMonica Richerson, Gabrielle Richerson, Essence Smith, Elijah Smith, Kaelynn Hawkins, Jaelynn Hawkins, Amia Rose, Trequan Mosby, Selena Robinson, Kayla Ford, Tayla Ford and James Vernon Jr. There is plenty of seating available and tickets are not required. Light refreshments will be served following the concert!
The Ellington's Music Bridge program is a unique partnership with the Lynchburg College Music Department and the Jubilee Family Development Center to provide music lessons to children who could not otherwise afford it.
• Many thanks to St. Clair Eye Care and Watts Petroleum for sponsoring the upcoming Mary Ann Redmond show show. Because of their support, we are able to offer a wide variety programming at affordable prices!
• Many thanks to Dodson Pest Control for sponsoring the Nighthawk's show and supporting the Ellington!
• 2014 show lineup COMING SOON!
• Advance tickets for ALL our remaining 2013 Saturday shows (Nighthawks and Mary Ann Redmond) are available online NOW at LynchburgTickets.com!
• We are pleased to announce that we have received a General Operating Support grant for 2013-2014 from the Virginia Commission for the Arts. The Commission cited community support, artistic quality and diversity, promotion of local bands, affordable ticket prices and the Music Bridge as some of our strengths. They also consider the Ellington an important asset to the City of Lynchburg!
• Don't forget to join our nearly 1,000 member Facebook Group (The Ellington Fellowship Playhouse) and like our Facebook Page (Ellington Fellowship Playhouse) to keep up with what's going on at the Ellington.
• The Ellington placed in two categories in the recent "Best of the Burg" readers' survey! FIRST for "Best Venue for Live Music" and a tie for second for "Best Venue or Club for Dancing". Thanks for showing your support and voting for us!
• The Ellington partners with LynchburgTickets.com to provide on-line advance ticketing for our Saturday shows.
Events & More
Mary Ann Redmond | Sat., Dec. 7, 8:30pm…
Funky Bone | Fri., Dec. 13, 6pm…
Check Out these Ellington Videos
Don't Miss Our Next Event!